Electronics in Meccano Privacy Statement
Electronics in Meccano is a responsible publication and we will never use
your personal information for purposes unrelated to the website, nor will we
ever give your details to any third party. We hate spam email just as much
as you do!
Here is a full breakdown of the way our website collects and uses your information...
- Members creating yourEiM accounts will be asked to provide the following
personal details: Full Name, Age, Occupation, Country, Email Address,
Username and Password. Of these items, all are optional except the
Username and Password which must be supplied to uniquely identify the member
when using yourEiM features.
- Members who do not supply an email address will not be able to use
email-related yourEiM features.
Use of Collected Data
- Members Usernames will be used to identify individual members in message
board postings unless otherwise specified in Account Settings.
- Members Full Names will not be displayed in message board postings unless
specified in Account Settings.
- Members Email Addresses will not be displayed in message board postings
unless specified in Account Settings.
- Members and visitors are advised not to
display their email addresses in their message board messages since these could be read by
other websites and visitors and added to spam email lists.
- Members creating yourEiM accounts will be added to the
Electronics in Meccano email mailing list which may occasionally notify
members of changes and additions to the Electronics in Meccano
website. Members may opt-out of this mailing list by changing the
option in Account Settings.
- Members who opt-out of the Electronics in Meccano mailing list may still
use other email-related yourEiM features.
- Age, Occupation, and Country data will only be used to compile statistical information about yourEiM members. This data will never be displayed in conjunction with other member data.
- Members email addresses, postal addresses, and personal details contained in the Electronics
in Meccano member database will never be disclosed to any third party, nor
used for any purpose unrelated to the running and purpose of the Electronics
in Meccano website.
A 'cookie' is a small amount of data sent to your computer by a
website and stored by your web browser so that the data may be accessed by the same
website in the future. Personal information is not normally stored in a
cookie, but information about which pages on a website you have visited could
be stored. If you become a member of a website, a
code uniquely identifying you to the website can be stored in a
cookie so that you do not have to log back into the website every time you
visit. Web browsers do not, however, allow the data in a cookie sent
by one website to be returned to another website, so websites you visit cannot
determine which other websites you have been visiting.
The Electronics in Meccano website uses a cookie for login identification
purposes only and does not track your use of the website. You can
on the Member Details page...
- Set a cookie on my computer...
If this option is enabled, a cookie will be stored on any computer that you use to access your
account. This means you only have to enter your password to log in,
since your username is already known. This option is enabled
by default when you create a yourEiM account.
- Log me in automatically...
If you are the only user of your computer, you may want to enable this option.
You can then use your account without
entering your username or password. This setting should not be enabled
if you share a computer or use a public computer, since other people would be
able to access your account. This option is disabled by
default when you create a yourEiM account.
Remember that you can delete all the cookies that websites send to your
computer (see your web browser help for details). If you do this, you will
of course have to type in your username/password again the next time you visit
Electronics in Meccano, as the website won't know who you are!
Revised 7th May 2004